My kids and I joined a children’s cooking class at Whole Foods today and had a great time making these healthy, no bake , no added sugar, Cocoa-Oat Truffles. They are easy to make and can be refrigerated for several days. Each truffle is only 90 calories and contains 2 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein! Did I mention how delicious they are, I couldn’t stop eating them!
Cocoa Oat Truffles
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped, pitted dates
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup almond butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– Blend oats in food processor or blender until finely ground
– Add dates, 2 tblspns cocoa, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg
– Proces/Blend until finely chopped
– Roll 2-3 teaspoons of mixture into balls and roll truffles in remaining cocoa
– Refrigerate until ready to serve, enjoy!
*for children with nut allergies, replace almond butter with apple butter