One of my favorite things about the spring is throwing BBQ chicken on the grill. I found a great BBQ chicken recipe from Eat Well that is perfect for those days when grilling is out of the question but you still want to have that taste of spring. Since it is done in the crock pot, it makes the perfect weekend meal and require little preparation. The chicken is pulled and made into sandwiches which will help cut down on the messiness of traditional BBQ chicken at the kitchen table with your little ones as well!
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
(1) 8oz. Can tomato sauce
(1) 4oz. Can chopped green chilies
3T Cider Vinegar
1T Tomato paste
1T Worcestershire sauce
2tsp. Dry mustard
1tsp. Ground chile
Salt (to taste)
2 1/2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove garlic, minced
1. Add all ingredients to crock pot, except chicken, onion, and garlic. Stir until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover with lid.
3. Cook on low for about 5 hours or until chicken can be pulled apart.
4. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred all chicken. Then transfer back into the pot to stir into sauce. Mix well and serve on your favorite bun.
**Tips: Can be refrigerated for 3 days and frozen for 1 month.