We all know that lavender provides many relaxing properties in addition to providing a wonderful fragrance to our homes, but did you know that lavender also has many healing properties as well? Health.com provided a great list of common problems that lavender can help with.
1. Lavender can help with dry scalp conditions, including dandruff. Simply take 15 drops of lavender oil and mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or almond oil. Microwave for 10 seconds or until it is warm. Rub onto scalp and hair and cover with a shower cap. Let sit for about an hour and shampoo out. Depending on the severity, it may take a few applications to see results.
2. Lavender can also help reducing bloating which is typically caused by bacteria in the stomach. The easiest solution is to take some dried lavender that can easily be purchased at a baking supply store and add to greek yogurt.
3. Lavender is proven to not only help you relax but it also helps to lower blood pressure and heart rate. Try keeping dried lavender in a vase on your nightstand or add lavender oil to a diffuser in your room.
4. Lavender oil helps to calm itchy skin, especially from mosquito bites. Put 1-2 drops onto the bite and wait 15 minutes to allow it to seep into the bite. Apply every 6-8 hours for the next 24 hours as needed.
5. Lavender contains an abundance of phytonutrients, which are the good-for-you plant compounds. The easiest way to benefit from these nutrients is to buy some herbs de provence at your nearest market and sprinkle on grilled meats, poultry, veggies, and even rice dishes!