It’s that time of year again where we are sending the little ones off for summer camp, whether it is a sleep away or day camp, we still want to make sure we are sending them off with healthy snacks since it can be tempting to purchase things such as chips and candy bars since they are quick and require no time to prepare. It is important to maintain healthy eating habits even during the summer months. Here is a list of our favorite summer camp snack options that take less than 5 minutes to prepare!
1. Frozen white or red grapes
2. Hummus with your child’s favorite dipping veggies
3. Fruit kabobs, let the kids help put them on the stick
4. Your child’s favorite fruit cut up with low fat cottage cheese or yogurt
5. Unsalted walnuts over a cup of fruit
6. Peanut or almond butter on rice cakes
7. Trail mix (made of fresh ingredients like nuts, seeds, raisins and craisins)-
8. 2 cups of air-popped popcorn.
9. Low-fat plain yogurt topped with fresh berries
10. Baked tortilla chips or veggie chips with nonfat bean dip or salsa
11. Celery sticks with peanut butter
12. 1 cup of edamame
13. Apple slices and low fat string cheese
14. 1 small whole wheat pita stuffed with 2 turkey slices, spinach leaves and fat-free cheese
15. Baked sweet potato chips- Here is one of our favorite recipes