When the temperatures soar in the summer, ice cream always seems to be the go-to treat of choice to help cool us off. Chacha compiled a list of the worst ice cream offenders to help make your selection easier.
1. Cold Stone PB & Chocolate Shake: At 2,010 calories and 131g of fat it comes as no surprise that this is the worst offender. It contains as many calories as an active woman should consume for the entire day.
2. Dairy Queen Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard: This treat has earned the title of most unhealthy blizzard on the menu. It contains 1,460 calories and 81g of fat. Opt for the Dilly bar or Starkiss bar on the menu instead.
3. Nestle Baby Ruth King Size Drumstick: Not only filled with sugar and tons of fat, it comes in at a whopping 480 calories for one drumstick!
4. Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich: A single sandwich contains 520 calories and has 23 grams of fat! It contains more calories than some traditional fast food meals! You can make your own version using low fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt and homemade chocolate chip cookies that will cut the calories in half!
5. Burger King Bacon Sundae: This treat has 500 calories and 61g of sugar! The bacon not only adds to the fat and calorie content but it also increases the sodium of this item as well. With the chocolate and caramel also in this sundae, it makes it an unhealthy option.
6. Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream: A single 1/2 cup serving contains 360 calories and 24g of fat per serving which makes it one of the unhealthiest ice cream flavors you can purchase.
7. Baskin Robbins Oreo Layered Sundae: At 1,330 calories, its almost 75% of the average person’s daily caloric intake. A homemade version with low fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, Oreos, and chocolate syrup is a great alternative to lower the calories.