Looking for a refreshing dessert for tonight? The subtle flavors of this dish are sure to make it a favorite!
Lavender Scented Strawberries With Honey Cream
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large egg yolks
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 (6-ounce) container 2% Greek-style plain yogurt
2 cups quartered strawberries
1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Strain syrup through a sieve into a small bowl; discard solids. Chill.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Let stand 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
3. Combine honey, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
4. Heat milk over medium-high heat in a small heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add gelatin mixture, stirring well. Pour milk mixture into a bowl; stir occasionally until cool but not set (about 20 minutes). Stir in yogurt. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into each of 8 dessert glasses or bowls. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
5. Top each serving with 1/4 cup strawberries, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons syrup.