Sure, we all cook and bake with it on occasion, but did you know that consumer ginger on a regular basis is also beneficial to our health?
1. Ginger improves digestion and promotes better assimilation of nutrients into the body. Ginger contains a distinct enzymatic profile that works synergistically to promote healthy digestion, and ease the processing of food in the stomach and intestines.
2. Ginger is a natural remedy for motion sickness, seasickness, and various other forms of nausea. Pregnant women, chemotherapy patients, and individuals with mild or moderate upset stomach can all experience relief by taking therapeutic doses of ginger, which was shown in at least one major study to eliminate nausea symptoms with as little as a one-quarter of a teaspoon dose.
3. It helps to treat inflammation and boost immunity. Chronic inflammation is linked to a host of debilitating diseases, including cancer, all of which can be effectively prevented and even treated with therapeutic doses of whole ginger extract.
4. It acts as a pain reliever, particularly for chronic pain conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, and fibromyalgia.
5. Improves cardiovascular health by suppressing the biosynthesis of an inflammatory mediator known as leukotrienes.
6. Contain high amounts of antioxidants, the two most prominent of which are curcumin and gingerol. Not only do these and several other free radical scavengers prevent the growth and spread of cancer cells, but they also prevent from forming, and even eliminate, amyloid plaques in the brain that are linked to causing Alzheimer’s disease and other degenerative brain conditions.
7. Acts as an asthma treatment as well. Ginger naturally contains several different compounds that can help alleviate asthma symptoms.