Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter (chopped in little pieces)
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup peeled and finely diced apple
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes 3/4 of the way, leaving some peel on the bottom of the potato.
3. Lay wooden chop sticks on each side of the potato and slice as thinly as you can.
4. Rub them with a little olive oil.
5. Oil a baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
7. Carefully try to push some of the stuffing mixture between the slices.
8. Pile the remaining stuffing on top of each potato.
9. Drizzle any remaining liquid over the potatoes.
10. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes, being careful not to burn the topping.
12. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.