After learning about all the vitamins and nutrients that are in celery root we wanted to share this delicious mash recipe that is a perfect side dish the kids will enjoy!
Potato and Celery Root Mash
• 3 pounds of potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 1 pound celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• kosher salt and black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Place the potatoes and celery root in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and return the vegetables to the pot.
2. Add the half-and-half, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with the chives.