– Small clear bottle or jar (baby food jars or spice jars work well)
– Corn Syrup
– Popsicle stick or child-safe butter knife
*Optional: hot glue gun/hot glue – adults only
How to make your Snow Globe Craft:
- Place the jar on a paper plate or some newspaper.
- Fill the jar 1/3 of the way full with corn syrup. The corn syrup helps the glitter stay in suspension longer.
- You will use water to fill the rest of the jar. At this point, only add about half of the water you need and then mix the corn syrup and water together until the corn syrup dissolves most of the way. Once the corn syrup is dissolved, top the jar off with water.
- Sprinkle in some glitter. Put the lid on the jar tightly and shake to watch the snow swirl.
*Here is the optional part. If you’d like, you can hot glue the lid onto the jar. If you do glue the lid on, make sure to use hot glue and not something that will wash away in water (like Elmer’s glue) or the water in your globe may turn cloudy as it eats the glue.
* If the jar lids are not seasonal colors, try painting them with oil-based enamel paint.
* If you have a small figurine, try gluing it to the inside of the lid to add some fun to view in the snow.
Source: Adapted from allkidsnetwork.com