At long last, here’s a healthier version of the beloved Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil (if want to use less oil, substitute 1/4 cup oil for applesauce)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used premium baking chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together dry ingredient in a bowl (except choc chips). Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Gently fold the wet ingredients into dry, if batter seems too dry, add a little more coconut oil or applesauce). Fold in chocolate chips. Place parchment paper on baking pan and make teaspoon or tablespoon size balls with dough. Please 1″ apart on pan and bake for about 10 min. You can easily double this batter as well. Enjoy!