1. They are in season! Eating foods that are in season maximizes flavor and nutritional value. It’s also when these foods are most affordable because you can find them locally so they don’t have to travel far. Check out your what your state is serving up today with this great interactive seasonal map from Eat Well Guide.
2. Apples are packed with vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, K, B6, riboflavin, potassium, magnesium and manganese.
3. Fiber. Among it’s many benefits, fiber keeps kids fuller longer and helps to clean both teeth and gums. Additionally, it aids in digestion and regular bowel movements. (If you’ve ever had a constipated kid, you are probably already on your way to pick up some apples right now)
4. Apples balance blood sugar levels, which is essential in all kids and especially those with diabetes.
5. The are delicious, sweet, crunchy and make a great snack for any time of day. My daughters love to eat them whole, slice and dip them in peanut butter, bake them in the oven as chips and add small cubes of them to oatmeal, yogurt and muffins. The options are endless.
For more in depth explanations, please visit Organic Facts: http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-apple.html