ATTENTION COOKIE LOVERS: yes, we’re talking to you, and your friends, and especially your kids… Here at MySuperFoods HQ, we’re huge fans of cookies (duh!) We’ve found the very best homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe, and we’re very excited to share it with you. We’ve made GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE chocolate chip cookies taken from Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain that everyone in our office is raving about. They’re super soft and filled with dark chocolate chunks. They’re also quick to make, with clean ingredients…they’re right up our alley!
So, here’s my spin on Danielle Walker’s recipe. I chose to double all of her ingredients which are listed below, so that I knew I would have enough cookies for everyone I wanted to share with. I also chose to use Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life Brand), which is what makes this recipe dairy free. Danielle Walker’s recipe is gluten-free, so I figured why not make it dairy-free as well!
Mid-day pick me up. Dessert after dinner. Snack time at school. Late-night sweet tooth lovers-These cookies will surely satisfies anyone’s tastebuds!
I promise you, you won’t be able to have just ONE.
Real Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup palm shortening
2 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup coconut crystals
4 tablespoons honey
3 cups blanched almond flour
4 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup dark-chocolate pieces (dairy free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the shortening and egg in a food processor and process for 15 seconds.
- Add coconut crystals, honey, and vanilla extract. Process again until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and process for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse again if necessary to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Stir the chocolate in by hand.
- Use a large tablespoon to scoop balls of dough, placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press them down to flatten, making disks about 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.