Christmas morning is many things. Most of them are wonderful. But when you’re the parent of a small child, it usually means waking up at an hour that even a parent of a small child can’t comprehend. Between the photos and giggles around the tree, the strands of ribbon and trails of wrapping paper someone will eventually shout “I’m hungry!” (Just as you reach for another cup of coffee) Fear not! We’ve got you covered. Below is a list of 10 of our favorite, kid-approved Christmas morning breakfast picks. Healthy, delicious, easy and seasonal. They won’t take up too much energy and will help power you up to enjoy the rest of the day together. Hopefully, in your pajamas!
5. Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast – This delicious dish with fill the entire house with yummy smells, inviting everyone into the kitchen.
6. Apple Stuffed Strata – prep this ahead of time for a really easy morning!
7. Sweet Breakfast Quinoa – Packed with protein and flavor, this easy dish with give everyone energy when they would otherwise collapse into the post wrapping paper haze.
8. Slow Cooker French Toast – No, that’s not a typo. Click on the recipe and thank me later.
9. Christmas Tree Fruit Platter – Even if a “fancy” breakfast doesn’t come together for you, set out this fun tray of fruit and watch it disappear.
10. Quick, power-up, breakfast-on-the-go ideas – headed out the door to Grandma’s house? Throw one of these together for all-day Christmas cheer!